What type of businesses does this law apply to ?
The law applies to every company processing personal information of California residents that either:
- has a gross annual revenue greater than or equal to $25 million
- obtains information of 50,000 or more California residents/households or devices annually
- generates at least 50% of their annual income from selling the information of California residents
How does a business comply?
- Secure data.
- Placing a link on your homepage.
- process consumer requests within a timely manner.
What rights will consumers have?
- The right to know what information is being collected about them.
- The right to delete all the information a business have on them.
- The right to opt-out of data selling and sharing
$2,500 per violation and $7,500 for willing violation.
$100-$750 per incident, per consumer in the event of a data breach.