How do you know if GDPR applies to you?
Here are a few things that typically mean you will need to be GDPR compliant:
- – If you have employees in EU.
- – If you collect personal information from EU citizens.
- – If you do business with an EU business.
Under GDPR your organization is obligated to:
- – Obtain unambiguous consent when collecting personal information from EU citizens.
- – Appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO) if your organization currently monitors individuals through targeted online advertisements or company loyalty programs.
- – Provide breach notice to privacy regulators within 72 hours of discovery, as well as notify data subjects.
- – Allocate individuals the right to delete information as seen fit, or request a copy of all automated data that a company possesses.
- – Several more…
How do I get started?
We’ll have an initial discussion with you to gather information so that we are able to determine your organization’s needs regarding GDPR compliance.