What is Spear Phishing?
Spear phishing is an advanced targeted phishing attack.
- – Spear phishing emails do not have the generic, poor grammar, and sloppiness of regular phishing attacks.
- – Harder to detect by email filters.
- – May be used as reconnaissance for future attacks
- – Spear phishing may attempt to develop a relationship with you, so it might not have the same traits of urgency, or take quick action.
- – Has valid information about you. Uses your correct name, may know your friends, region, relevant news, likes.
- – Reference Something relevant to you or something you are interested in.
Signifies that attackers have put extra energy to direct an attack on you and your organization. Which means they see a high possibility of success.